CANADIAN SURPLUS SITE

From: Robin Craig (therobincraig@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 09:40:17 PST

The Public Works and Government Services arm of the Federal government
in Canada is in charge of disposal of Federal assets to some extent
although departments can get rid of stuff themselves.

There is a neat feature of this site in that they will send you a
notification when new items are on the site, but you have too hunt on
the site to find them. It is a bit illogical in some ways and from my
experience prone to that "Netscape Error" crap that you sometimes get
that shuts you down. Perhaps that is just local too me.

Anyway they have material all over the country in "As Is Where Is"
tender form and also cash and carry sales on a monthly basis in some
areas. Sometimes if they are smart they put photos up if the item is of
enough interest. They can be a bit infuriating too deal with and local
knowledge or help is useful. I personally living in Ottawa Ontario have
contacts in Calgary and in Wainright Alberta and one in Newfoundland too
help me.

The descriptions given are often vague, but sometimes they given the NSN
which gives you enough info to work out that you are bidding on a scale
Bailey Bridge Training Aide.......

this should work for you: -

www.crownassets.pwgsc.gc.ca/text/RegCom.cfm?Language=ENGLISH

Until next time........

"Sapper! Bridge that gap!" ........ No Im not ex RE's if your wondering

Robin Craig