Re: [MV] M-151A2's in Sudan

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 15:55:29 PST

You'll find the lineage for the M151 engine in the 134 cu inch ford ag tractor engine of the early 50's. The two were designed side by side, totally by Ford Motor Company engineers. There were subsequent and varied distribution schemes to get the engines made and sent to contract holders, but the design was all ford. I wonder how licensing was handled, because I know that the engine design shows up in non-ford commercial products other than the M151. Anyone know?