Used MV salesmen

From: Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 19:45:21 PST

Hello all,

Let me start by admitting that I'm not an MV owner (drat!), just a fan.
However, it seems like we've all been quick to point our individual and
collective fingers at the Evil Empire of AM General. Myself included.
But in some parts of this thread the point has been made that "everyone"
knew about the off road only restriction at the time of the auction.
Presumably this includes the people who bought the HMMWVs there and then
merrily resold them to MV addicts at large, apparently without passing
this critical bit of information along to the buyers.

I guess there ought to be a share of the blame directed towards those
who either made a quick buck or nobly sought to allow the public to
partake of our MV history.

Have to admit I don't see used vehicle dealers as icons of honesty
either. Although all MV owners are dependent on their continuing to
remain in business. How's that for a double edged sword?

Flame shields up, Mr. Sulu!

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com