Re: [MV] AM General is preventing HMMWV Registrations

From: Robert D. Brooke (rdb18@csufresno.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 20:41:48 PST

I had assumed from your comments that you had a post 1970 MUTT, and that
is why you took such strong reaction to my suggestion. If yours is exempt,
you should be able to daily drive it. Unless, of course, "they" change the
rules and decide we are both just too unsafe, and make us do a bunch of BS
to make ours compliant as well. That could happen, unless we are vigilant
to what our elected officials are doing.

You and I are in agreement, as are many on the list. Government has become
intrusive, they take our freedoms away because "they" know best what is
good for us, etc., etc.

I will fight them, and would only accept my suggestion if we lost the
battle to keep our vehicles, as collectors, the way they were made for the
military. But although I will fight, through contributions and letter
writing, I believe it will be a very tough battle, and we may lose. The
reason I am pessimistic is because so many people keep voting for
Democrats. The Republicans are not perfect, but of the two main parties,
Republicans want less government meddling with our freedoms and our lives,
and the Dems want more bigger stronger government, and they seem quite
content to propose laws which take freedoms from the many, to solve a
problem that involves a few.

Bob Brooke.

PS: I'll try to watch the movie.