Re: [MV] AM General is preventing HMMWV Registrations

From: John Davis (jcdavis@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 06:54:34 PST

What about (I know, not military- but based on previous military design...)
Jeep models CJ through to the TJ of today. In Canada, they all use similar
plate brackets. The military uses plates. Sounds to me like they're groping
for anything that might work. Unfortunately, had they been thinking
logically, they wouldn't have used the plate thing as an argument. Pretty
lame there. Where is it stated that plates have to be on a bumper? Guess
it's time to reconfigure 90% of the transport trucks on the road. AND
include a rear bumper on civvy pattern pick-up trucks. It's still an option
from most dealers. All they do is relocate the light. Pretty weak argument
on their part.

Then there's the dash padding issue. Have they been to a Jeep dealer.
There's just oh-so-much padding in a TJ. Time to pull all the CJ's off the
road too. Mine didn't have a lick of padding aside from the seats. And a bit
of rubber on the pedals too.

John