Re: [MV] Stupid Tests & HMMWV Registrations

From: KBDewey 42GPW (dirtman42GPW@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 06:26:48 PST

A relative of mine who was a lieutenant and in charge of a detachment of
state troopers used to have a problem with his officers on this type of
issue. He called it "Convenient interpretation of he Law" and we all
fall into this category. Like you remember something as to how it
affects you not necessarily on how it was really meant. And so rules and
regs would get twisted around. He would have to have refresher meetings
to get them straightened out. With as many laws that there are on the
books (and it seems that the legislators have nothing better to do than
make news ones all the time) it is hard for the law enforcement to keep
up. So when you do run into a prob with getting what u want the one most
knowledgeable wins out. Get a copy of laws and POLITELY refresh their
minds. And after you have won them over remember they can be an ally
too. (my bro is a trooper and on the road alot and he is always telling
me about some OD lawn art to go check out and occasionally I make a rare
find) Later K