Re: [MV] AM General is preventing HMMWV Registrations

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 08:58:56 PST

jonathon wrote:

>>Seems to me the position is quite simple:
>>
>>-Vehicles manufactures after a given date must be fitted with this, that
>>and the other to be street legal.
>>
>>-The vehicles in question were manufactured AFTER the cut-off date, and are
>>NOT fitted with the necessary whatsits.

>The proper solution is that the vehicle was manufactured with whatever it
>had at that time and that is all that is required now, period.

Yes, but are you sure the vehicle was street-legal at the tilme of
manufacture, or can it be that it was it produced for the military in a
configuration that was not then street-legal ?

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, on the sunny banks of the Paraguay River
   MVT 886 Listmaster : WW II Wolkswagen List
   http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/kubel/kubele.htm