MV ownership and the law...

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 08:52:47 PST

Okay people, settle down. We're injecting emotional overtones into an issue
that requires objective thought.

FACT: You can complain all you want about the restrictions that are beginning
to infringe on your right, and we will all watch on television as you are the
star of the BATF's new debacle... OR You can wage a paper campaign on our
elected officials, and make the wheels of governement turn for you. (You're
actually going to expect the government to do something RIGHT after watching
some of the monumental foul ups we've seen lately? Not me, brother!)

FACT: You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Yes, our right to
keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon, but folks aren't getting the
message. Start ranting and raving, and you automatically get tossed in the
"lunitic fringe" bin. Present yourself as a united and knowlegable group, and
let the public see this as, "Hey, these guys are just trying to keep some
history alive, and the government's stepping all over them!"

Play the trump card: Put out the word "Big business is running the government!"
and watch everybody start getting hot under the collar.

What's the matter? Ya'll never play chess?

But we have to get the bogies of this big ol' juggernaut called the MVPA
rolling. We need to be nice, we need to put on our Sunday best, we need to
smile, and we need to charm. In the end, however, we can drive this idea down
the throats of our elected officials slicker 'n whale scat.

What do we do to get this thing rolling?

Bill