Got my HMMWV Plates

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 20:49:48 PST

Some folks on the list have requested that I post when I get the
plates for my 1986 M998 HMMWV over here in sunny California: I
received my license plates, registration certificate and stickers
today in the mail. The rear plate went on the truck about 10 seconds
after I opened the envelope, and the front is waiting for a bracket
that I'll make this weekend. Now let's hope I can keep `em... :-/

I noticed that the certificate says "automobile", and the plates
appear to be in the CA "cars" numbering sequence (1ABC234), rather
than the CA "commercial vehicle" numbering sequence (1A23456). I
expected commercial plates, since an M998 is essentially a pickup
truck, and those are considered commercial vehicles in CA. I hope that
doesn't cause problems if I need to argue that my truck meets all
standards for 1986 trucks!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/