Pictures of HMMWV ambulance/backup lights?

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 21:00:12 PST

Does anybody have a clear digital picture of the back end of an M1035
soft-top 2-litter ambulance? I want to add backup lights to my M998,
both to meet CA requirements and because I think it's a good idea. I
plan to use backup lights and brackets from an M1035, so I'm at least
using real HMMWV parts, even if they don't quite belong on my model of
truck. I got a pair of lights and brackets today from George Pretty. I
figured that they would mount on those bolts which hold the bent metal
U channels on each side to protect the tail light connectors, based on
the diagrams in the parts manual. I was a bit surprised to find that
the holes on the brackets aren't spaced correctly for any of the
existing bolts or holes I could find back there, so I guess the M1035
gets some extra holes drilled in it during manufacturing. I'd
appreciate a good picture of a real M1035 which shows where the lights
should go, so I can do it "right".

For those of you who might consider doing the same thing, I noticed
that the shift lever housing on my truck has a place to mount the
backup switch, although it's not used in an M998. I also ordered the
appropriate backup switch (not cheap!), so I should be able to make a
nice, neat installation. I'll need to add my own wiring, since the
M1035 uses a different harness, but that shouldn't be hard. Aside from
the holes I'll need to drill for the light brackets, I shouldn't need
to make any irreversible mods to the truck.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/