Re: [MV] AM General is preventing HMMWV Registrations

From: MICHAEL PEELER (frnbulx@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 21:39:38 PST

Yes; the census was part of the original Constitution, to determine acurate
representation in government. However, the census of today is being hyped as
your only avenue to getting your share of federal money and services ( which
you cannot POSSIBLY live without ), as well as determining what racial
groups should be catered to in future election campaigns. There is virtually
NOTHING in all the advertisements (which I and many others find offensive
and insulting) about securing adequate representation in government based on
regional population, with no consideration of individual origin necessary.
It is all about MONEY. I don't think the census of today is what the
Founding Fathers had in mind...That said; I have to get back to sorting out
my extra jeep parts for Big Bear in April. (gratuitous MV subject matter...)
SEE YOU THERE!

Michael Peeler