Re: [MV] Got Kettenkrad #3

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 23:39:03 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Mehlhorn <a.mehlhorn@t-online.de>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: 21 March 2000 21:18
Subject: [MV] Got Kettenkrad #3

>And the other good news:
>
>Kettenkrad #2 is on the road now. I've done the first trial runs on the
>road, around 30 miles in total. The vehicle runs well and begins to
>become reliable.

Excellent news, congratulations.

>The oil damper of the front fork is leaking, in the left bevel box
>is too much grease and there is still some other work to do. But I'm
>sure to drive with this Kettenkrad on the Beltring event site this July.

Even better, I wont need to get totally shattered walking the huge distances
needed to cover the Beltring site carrying interminable lumps of old army dross
(rare bits to me) by hand.

>Best regards from Germany
>Andreas
>
>1942 Kettenkrad #1, in restoration
>1943 Kettenkrad #2, on the road
>1948 Kettenkrad #3, waits for some new paint
>(My wife says I have enough Kettenkrads now...)

Quite right, so therefore time for a Sd.Kfz.8 or maybe a Sd.Kfz.161/2 perhaps ?

Richard
(Southampton - England)