(no subject)

From: Eric A Weidner (ericweidner@juno.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 17:01:33 PST

I'm seeking some 1/2 ton Dodge advise...
I have a 1941 WC6 which has been modified- the rear portion of the body
has been removed, a steel plate welded across the back to enclose the
"cab", and a flat-bed installed to replace the rear portion. Is there a
manufacturing seam behind the front seat? I seem to know of several that
have been altered in similar fashions. I am contemplating restoring the
rear section(if indeed it was a separate component) but am on a strict
budget and wonder how costly this undertaking would be. The truck runs
excellent and the portion I have is in very good shape.
Another question I have is about the engine. It is not the original- it
has an engine number of T148-40115 and the length of the head is 25".
Any help in identifying this engine would be greatly appreciated.
I will save other questions for another time.
Many thanks,
Eric A. Weidner
MVPA #715

1941 WC6, serial #8654409