Re: [MV] Who built the best tank?

From: Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 05:02:14 PST

Doc wrote:

>Germany, England and France only developed a tank to fight in their back
>yard. We in the US have always had to develop tanks that could fight all
>over the world.

Not entirely true, as it was well known, from the start of the design, that
we would try to recoup part of the expenses by selling our products
world-wide (Israel, India, Pakistan, some African ex-colonies, but to name
a few of our clients IIRC)

So the tanks were designed for much wider range of uses than purely for the
European theater.

Ron ther Frog, on the sunny banks of the Paraguay River.

    Pain is life, and death is when the pain goes away.
                                       -- Keith Roberts
   -- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --