[MV] Gamma Goat Axle Questions

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 10:57:36 PST

*

>I'm considering putting a pair of Gama Goat axles under my new 4x4 project
>(following the lead of another offroader in these parts), and I'm trying to
>learn more about these axles to determine their viability for my project.
>I'm hoping this list can provide me with some answers. Any help would be
>appreciated.
>Rob

I think you would be better off buying a Unimog with a shot body and using
the running gear from it except the motor and dropping you body on it.M37
works nice.Ramp index is usually around the 800 to 900 on a 30degree ramp
The GG axles done to death near here have a constant problem of being
unstable in side angle terrain.Several roll overs.I think it's mainly
because of the independant suspension.
Andre