Need help identifying willys jeep

From: Pec0207@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 15:11:59 PST

Hello, I called on an ad for a willys jeep in the paper. The owner told me he
thinks it is a 1941-1943 jeep. The reason he thinks its one of these years is
because the motor is a willys flathead motor and someone told him they only
used the willys flathead motors between 1941-1943.
  If this information is correct, i need to know if they made just military
jeeps between these years or if they made civilian ones as well. I am going
to look at the jeep tomarrow and i am hopeing that it is military rather than
civilian ,any other things i should look for to tell the difference would be
greatly appreciated Thanks!!
Just e-mail me at pec0207@aol.com if you can help Thank You!!