Re: [MV] M35 Engine Changes

From: richard burrell (miltrkr@concentric.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 20:58:02 PST

hello mel
i don't know about your location but out here in California other than the series
60 Detroit's are as scarce as hen's teeth i spend four years in a major peterbilt
dealer and only saw a few mostly in old school buses i may have spoke out of turn
on availability but any obsolete engine you know its only a matter of time before
parts become scarce, so i wonder why use this engine when there are much better
power plants available, don't get me wrong spend six years as a shop foreman for
a 166 bus tour bus company 95 percent were 8v-71's or 8v-92's over 1/3 were
turbo'ed i did my time with them they are powerful engines with many good points
but they are still "old school" and they do not pass any emissions standards today

Richard Burrell
mvpa #20227
1971 M35A2 w/w
1953 M35