Re: [MV] M35 Engine Changes

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 21:19:10 PST

>The DD 71 series may leak and smoke but Hell will freeze over before the
>parts start to become scarce.
>
>I do not know about the suitability for such a swap but problems with
>parts should not be a concern.

I was over at my heat treater last summer and they had most of one building
full of wire containers each filled with Detroit cylinder liners. They had
that distinctive look, with the side ports and all. I asked the guy why DDA
was sending liners to Waukesha Wisconsin for heat treating. He confirmed
that they were for Detroits but they were being made in Mexico then shipped
to the US for heat treat and finish machining. I can only take a guess but
I'd say there were over 100 liners per container and containers stacked 4
high in rows a dozen long and I don't even recall how deep, in other words
LOTS of them.

je