Re: [MV] 5 Ton Tires

From: Verne J. Valentine (thebear@seanet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 21:05:25 PST

11:00 X 20 Tires on an M35A2 is NOT a good idea. Been there, done that. I
thought that I could replace the 9:00 X 20 tires on my M35A2 with the 11:00
X 20's. My thought was that I would put that little more rubber on the
road and make it just that extra inch taller. I searched for months and
finally found excellent 11:00 X 20 tires. Bought them, shipped them home
and put them on. DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! The height is not the problem,
it is the width of the tires that will KILL you. When you get the 11:00 x
20 tires on your deuce you will have less than a pencil width between the
duels and between the duels and the leaf springs. If you run over a coin
on the hi way you are going to rub the duels together or you are going to
rub the inside duel on the leaf spring or BOTH events will happen. Great
idea and I thought I had it all to myself. Don't do it.

Verne Valentine
M35A2