Re: [MV] M35 Engine Changes

From: richard burrell (miltrkr@concentric.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 22:19:43 PST

hi mel
that's one of the good points they do make great marine engines at the
bus shop our head engine tech. was trained in Vietnam on the gun boat
engines
and they were getting 1300+ horse power out of 6V-53's sounds like a
screamer to me. my only point was i didn't think it cost effective to go
through all the modifications to put one in an M35 when you could put in
any of the medium duty truck diesel "six's" in with almost no headaches
and depending on engine lose a couple of hundred pounds off the front
axle. personally i like one of a kind so i will stick with the LDT465-1D
i've got and when that goes out i will put in another one
sorry if i ruffled a few feathers
Rich Burrell
mvpa #20227
1971 M35A2 w//w
1953 M35 still looking at engine options