Mule Engine Noise, Again

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 19:51:42 PST

Hi all,

If you recall I had a problem last fall where I had a very loud tapping or
ticking comming from the engine after it had sat for a few weeks. The noise
seemed to be once every revolution. There was no loss of power and it ran
very smooth at idle and at high speed. Then a few days later I started it
up and no noise.

Well, after sitting since December guess what? It did it again, loud
ticking noise but no other performace problems. I drove it around a little
with no change. Then I let is sit for a few hours and guess what again, no
noise!

Any clues or hints as to what this is. The only idea from last time was
that the oil dip stick might be getting hit by the crank but this is not it.

je