M35 Trannys

From: Josh Chlam (yrinmycrosshairs@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 16:06:00 PDT

I am Just pondering this but I have herd countless people say that the M35's
transmission can't handel high horsepower and high speed engines. Now I have
seen and know people who have taken there stock tranny and axels which had
only 185 to 200 horsepower and slap a 500 horsepower engine in its place and
have minimal problems. with only 1/2 ton rated equipment. the spicer 3053A
which is rated for 2 1/2 tons can't take the 250 horsepower engine I want to
put in it I am told and it wont take the RPM's eather I am told. Why is
this? If I recall right that tranny was in one of the cars that set a world
land speed record and those cars dont have a 165 horsepower diesels like the
M35 at minimum they have 800 horsepower and they don't run at 2600 RPM's
more around 8 to 10 thousand RPM's and people say it can't handel it