another 45 gpw question

From: DEW65@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 16:03:43 PDT

my 45 GPW (DOD 6/8'45) appears to have an original windshield frame, I was
wonderin, how can I tell if it had vaccum wipers, it has a 3/4 inch hole in
the cowl by the windshield pivot, but only the drivers side has the two small
holes for the vaccum wiper motor to mount to. The pass side has only one
large hole for the shaft for the arm. assuming that it is the correct frame,
did all gpw's have vaccum wipers after a certain month?( i know that All
really isnt a rule) .

Also I found the original reg. numbers on the hood in blue drab, I am sure
that it didnt go overseas if it was built that late, but for the ones that
went overseas, were they all repainted to white when they got over there? or
did some stay blue. just trying to get an idea what color to paint them.( I
am pretty far away from that)

Duane Hoven
MVPA 21320

Also is Hail to the jeep a good book, I am wonderin what to get next. I have
AAW 1 and 2 and the resto and judging guide. any suggestion would be
appreicated.