Enigma Machines and other things

From: DerykWalker@cs.com
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 12:37:37 PDT

I saw an "Enigma" machine at the Great Western Gun Show in Pamona,
California, last year. Except that it was not an Enigma. It was manufactured
by the Zellweger Company in Switzerland in the 1960s and it is ironic that
Zellweger is a customer of my company. It looks identical to an Enigma
machine to the uninformed, (myself being one of those), but could easily pass
for one if you did not know what you were doing. Infact, if it was not for
the name "Zellweger" on the case I too would have thought it was an Enigma
machine. Caveat Emptor!

I am looking for a fuel gauge for my WC-56 1944 Dodge Command Car, does
anyone know where I can get one?

Lastly, I would like to get hold of a book that deals with US uniform web
gear for W.W.II, (belts, packs, suspenders, etc.), can anyone recommend one?

Regards,

Deryk Walker
Mission Viejo, CA
WC-56 Command Car