Re: [MV] Re 45 GPW answer (2)

From: DEW65@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 20:24:24 PDT

I looked at the wiper setup and this is what I found,

 the hole on the cowl is 7/8 and the rear plug on the intake manifold has a
reducer, with an adapter after that, coming out straight is the pipe plug,
and pointing to the back is the line wich then has a spark plug stuck into
the rubber hose, I guess that is the vaccum source for the wiper, the
windsheild only has on setup of holes for the motor, and the right side only
has the shaft hole. it seams that these take the same motor setup as my 63
cj5, the spline must come off to fit through the hole, because I have some
nos m37 motors and the hole is too small for them to fit through.

the windsheild blocks are offset, i guess to accomodate the wiper shafts and
arms. so I guess the inner frame might have been changed, I am learning
something everyday

thanks

Duane Hoven
mvpa 21320