M37 Engine ID help!

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 10:12:48 PDT

Barry noticed that the oil fill tube on his M37 engine bolts
to the block with 2 bolts while my engine is a press fit
into the block. I read the serial number on my engine as
follows:
P2b*II23b5* or possibly the "b" is a "6" and the * are
stars.
This engine was in the bed of my M37 when we bought both of
them. There are some casting numbers on the block:
42 27
Do I have the wrong engine? Is it civilian, or WC? It has a
24v starter.
What engine is this?
Thanks,
Lisa