Re: [MV] M-35 Overheating: Update

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 09:03:51 PDT

There is aluminum in the system on the multi-fuel. The water rail that sits on the heads is aluminum. At least it is on all the ones that I have.

John
MVPA #2697

43 GPW
43 CCKW (several)
43 MBT
40 VC5 (2)
41 WC21
44 WC51
52 M62 (2)
53 M127
?? M105A1 (3)
?? M135
?? M35
67 M35A2 (2)
69 M52A2
?? M52A1

>>> "Ken Boge" <ken@clovermachine.com> 4/6/00 8:50:54 AM >>>

Anyone wishing to use this method should be warned that lye will dissolve
aluminum. If there is any aluminum in the cooling system (like cylinder
block or branch tube) it will be damaged by the lye. Fortunately there is no
aluminum in the cooling system of a M35 so far as I am aware. Also, I am
no chemist, but if the purpose of adding baking soda is to neutralize the
action of the lye, it won't. Rinsing with water to reduce the lye
concentration works best. Thats my nickels worth on the subject.
Ken

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>
Send administrative queries to <mil-veh-request@uller.skylee.com>