GM show and tell FUBAR

From: Robin Craig (therobincraig@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 10:41:10 PDT

Last night our erstwhile Minister Of National Defence held a dog and
pony show here in town to announce that Canada is taking up its options
on another batch of APC's from General Motors Defence Corp. ( renamed
Diesel Division in London Ont). At the show was a CUCV in pick up form,
LAV III and Coyote and a NYALA, which is the Reumech South Africa mine
protected vehicle. Which I have too say really gets up and motors on the
road, as I was witness too.

Anyway I was up early this morning to get some pictures of these
vehicles as they came out of the show hall. I got some nice shots before
the snow started too fall. Anyway, as usual I was driving my ex mil Land
Rover 110 with the green latex paint job. The call went around the hall
for any of the guys in the mil stuff if they had a slave cable, 'cos the
CUCV wouldn't start, someone left some lights on last night. There was
not a slave cable too be found, so I chirped up and said I had my cables
with me, " bring your truck in and lets have a boost then " came the
response from the guy from GM. So in I backed by 110 in beside the new
pin CUCV, opened up my side locker panel and got out my milk crate with
my bad ass cables, they are not twined as they are NO 1 welding cable
and about 25 feet long, come from being a welder and having too start
other peoples trucks nose into parking spots. On with one cable, out
with the other and that clamped on they lit the glow plugs and fired up
the CUCV, I insisted on taking some pictures for future proof!!!!!!

Just made my morning, I was happy as a pig in the proverbial!!!!

Robin Craig

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Land Rover 110 FFR and Mk 2/3 Ferret