Re: [MV] USAF Strata Blue

From: M2116X6@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 10:56:38 PDT

Hello John,

I'm not sure of an exact date, but I've got a 1954 Dodge M43 ambulance that
was originally delivered to the USAF. I did find traces of olive drab paint
under the blue. However, the blue on it now is in every corner and under
every bracket. Not just a respray job. This blue looks like it was applied
before assembly.

Someone had told me that the changeover was around this year and was done
gradually as vehicles needed new paint or were overhauled. I'm not sure how
true this is.

Jim Maier