Speaking of M38-A1s

From: gbb@creighton.edu
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 09:25:35 PDT

I am getting ready to repaint my '53 M38A1. She's got a light green and
a yellow coat over the original semi-gloss. I guess most of these didn't
make it to Korea as the war was winding down. I think I heard that they
were used in Nam alongside the Mutts. If true, did they retain their
Semi-Gloss OD or were they repainted. Any info on units or paint schemes
is appreciated.
George