M 151 A2 MUTT

From: Anith (Anith@wfp.org)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 09:50:41 PDT

Hi,

I am restoring my MUTT. It is ex-Sudanese Army and was among the last of the M51
A2s to roll off the AM general plant in 1984 and shipped straight out of the
US!. The Sudanese Army does not demand that the MUTTs be cut-like the US
military does and so I have an uncut MUTT!

Many nice guys like Brian Petry, Julian Burke, Ken of Muttguru, Landen Schooler,
Widodo and Henry of Selec and many many others have-through e mails-helped me
track down the year of manufacture, location of the manufacturing plant and much
more info that I needed so badly.

Do any of you guys have a pic of the original instrument cluster/dashboard of
the M151A2? Would appreciate very much if you could send it on the e mail. (I
live in the African bush and have no internet connection!) Also a close
up/enlarged pic of the military lamp on the left fender would be great! I dont
have the lamp but at least I can start looking around in the bush if I know how
it looks like!

If anyone has technical specs of the engine, transmission, etc., please
contribute. In this part of the world you get to see only old Land Rovers and
nothing else. Magazine/books on mil vehicles? You must be kidding!! (The last
English newspaper that I saw was months ago.)

Thanks!

Anith