M 151 A2

From: Anith (Anith@wfp.org)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 08:53:16 PDT

Hello Gavin,

I thought no one would ever ask! Yes, I do have a desktop and have a Lotus cc:
Mail system. Through a phone line, I am connected to the UN Mail Administrator
and Internet in Khartoum (Sudan). FYI, I am with the UN and in the bush where I
am working, we have no internet facility. I can not access internet but can
receive messages/pics from internet (if one sends) and I can also directly send
pics/messages to internet addresses-like I am doing now.

Great! Please let me know about the CD ROM that contains the A2 Manuals-cost,
address of seller, how to order and pay, etc.
Yes, there a number of A2s in Sudan that were auctioned off after the souring of
US-Sudan relations in early 90s as procuring parts became difficult. The army
sold the MUTT to a retiring Sudanese soldier for less than US$ 10 in 1992!! (As
a foreigner, I can't participate in military auctions here) It also included
close to a half-ton of spares like unused crankshafts, pistons, carbs, crown
wheel and pinion sets and a lot more.
I got the MUTT AND the entire spares for $ 1350 ! Well, the soldier profited
well but I got something special! (An uncut and among the last of the MUTTs) One
can buy them in Khartoum city and ship them off from Port Sudan on the Red Sea.

At the moment I need the manual and some pics of the instrument panel for
restoration (some small lamps are missing). Please write about the CD ROM.

Julian, good to hear from you again! You did a great deal of help by
finding about the history of my MUTT. I am indebted!
Since you say that all M series had the same type of blackout lamps that the
MUTT has on the left fender, I may be able to find one here. If not, will
contact you. Thanks again!

Anybody has pics of MUTT? (rear view, instrument panel, etc.) Please send direct
to my e mail address. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Anith