Repro MB Tub from Richard Grace

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 16:49:34 PDT

Howdy List,
    Ok, I'm now at the point when I'm actually ready to order a repro tub. I'm
gonna save the original for later when I have more time & metalworking skills.
You gotta love inlaws with spare warehouse space. =^) I know it will not be as
correct as possible, but I don't intend to compete with this jeep. It'll mainly
be for fun & living history displays. BTW, this is for a July 1944 MB.
    I talked one person who has installed one of Richard's tubs on his jeep. I
checked it out this weekend at the South Pittsburg, Tn show. His experience was
that it was a good fit to his original frame, fenders, & hood.
    I would like to know if anyone else on the list has installed a tub that
Richard Grace sells. Any good/bad feedback on the fit & finish of the tub. Also
any problems or ideas for the installation of one of the tubs. Any good tips or
hints on fitting it to the rest of the jeep.

Thanks,
Brian Mead