Re: [MV] Electric Hum-V

From: Chuck Chriss (cchriss@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 07:02:32 PDT

While we are talking about research, some listers may be interested in the
NAVLAB II project at Carnegie-Mellon U. They have modified a HMMWV to
demonstrate robotic driving over any terrain ("autonomous off-road
vehicle"). Not ready for combat exactly, but sign of things to come:

Technical description of part of the project:
http://www.frc.ri.cmu.edu/~belboz/research/spie92/spie92.doc.html
Overview with a few pics:
http://www.frc.ri.cmu.edu/~hagen/samplers/text/HMMWV_Sampler.html

fyi -- Chuck