Ford GPW 1942

From: Richard Van Hoomissen (rvanhoo@ibm.net)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 20:21:40 PDT

Just acquired thing I like least about it is the hood says "Willis"
It is in very good condition...anyone got one that is correct for 1942
or says "Ford" This thing was rebuild by Bektel in Oakland in 1945
and is body No. 670xx I checked with DMV and the gal said that the
engine number is the VIN in Oregon for 1942. The Motor says GPW873xx.
Do these numbers tell you Gpw sages anything? Need all the manuals,
prefer clean originals at bargain prices...well I got the jeep for
not much money. Richard M38A1 M 100 M416 and now GPW!!!! I also need
the correct Marine Corps paint number for later WWII. I was following
all the numbers about ten days ago but am hopelessly confused. I thought
Marine Green was just that...not lusterless, glossy etc etc. All help
greatfully appreciated. Is 12 volt now.