Re: [MV] Fw: Towing question

From: WreckerFC@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 05:19:19 PDT

<<Does anybody have a problem towing an m151a2 on a Tow dolly behind a

suburban about 450 miles?
Is there anything to look for besides disconnecting the drive shaft?>>

I've no idea what, or how big a M151A2 is, (that American no-names poilicy
thing ) but I recently towed a LandRover 101 (1924 kg or 4259 lb) using a
F250 and a U-haul tow dolly.
The tyre straps on the dolly weren't long enough for the 9.00x16 tyres so I
had to improvise with chains.
The weight was a little over their suggested overall weight though the axle
weight was ok.
The width was another thing, though the wheel steps didn't quite rub the
plastic mudguards (fenders) but it took a little while getting the dead truck
centred to give clearance.
Having disconnecting the rear prop shaft of course, I carried on with no
problems, other than hills being a bit of a drag!
Rear lights on the dead vehicle, U-haul quote were required, though not
supplied, but I hooked up a flashing beacon instead and still didn't attract
any attention even though many State Troopers and Sherrifs were seen.

Good luck.

Howard.