Re: [MV] M35A2 Fuel Pump

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 07:50:28 PDT

jonathon <jemery@execpc.com> wrote:
> While were talking M35, it's going to be some time before the TM's come, I'm
> just currious what the wheel nut and stud nut torques are supposed to be?

>From memory, I believe the torque is supposed to be 350 ft-lb. I use a
torque wrench on my other trucks, but when I saw the prices of torque
wrenches in that torque range... I want back to my high school
physics, and wrapped a piece of tape around the breaker bar to show me
where to stand on it, with the bar horizontal, to get the torque
right. I cut a "V" notch in the end of a scrap of 2x6 to support the
outer end of the wrench while I'm standing on it, and I shim up the
block of wood with various other 2x6 scraps, depending on which lug
nut I'm tightening. The same block and scraps serve as shims to raise
the bottle jack up. It's simple, but effective.

The only problem with that method is that you might over-torque lug
nuts around the latter part of the year, especially if somebody in
your family roasts a really good Thanksgiving turkey... :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/