Re: [MV] M274 :Mule " Gas Tank Filter"

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 22:51:39 PDT

The last mule tank that I had apart, instead of replacing the filter, I did
this: Took the bottom half of a empty cartridge case( I think 5.56 mm),
slipped it over the end of the tube, drilled a 1/16 hole through both the
case and the tube, fastened with a cotter pin. Drilled several smaller holes
in the case. This makes a handy strainer for the big stuff, the filter in
the settling bowl will take care of the rest. I know its not "proper", but
it works. It is the kind of thing that would be considered a "field
expedient", besides unless you pull the tank and take it apart, who's to
know ?
You're hillbilly engineer, Keith