Re: [MV] Radio mounts

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 23:20:24 PDT

"Jock J. Jones" <jockjones@juno.com> wrote:
> Has any one seen a vehicle mount for the prc10 radio?

I have a 1964 ROTC manual which contains a picture of a mount which
lets one strap an AN/PRC-10 into a vehicle for transport, but have
never seen that mount in person.

For operation of a PRC-10 transceiver in a vehicle, powered from the
vehicle's power supply, there's the AM-598, which serves as a 24V
power supply and audio amplifier for the radio. The radio (with the
battery box removed) clamps on top of the AM-598, and then the AM-598
clamps into an MT-759 mount. I have a couple of these setups in my
collection.

Here's a diagram showing the components:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/miscpics/am-598.jpg

Here's a picture of my display at last year's MRCG meet. From left to
right, a PRC-10A mounted on an AM-598 with an LS-166 loudspeaker
sitting on top, a PRC-10 in backpack configuration, and a West German
SEM-35 backpack transceiver:

    http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greenradio/MRCG1999/p09.jpg

Of course, these PRC-10 accessories work with the PRC-8 and PRC-9,
too.

Shameless plug: At this year's MRCG meet in San Luis Obispo, CA in
early May, I'll be displaying an operational West German SEM-25
transceiver, and I plan to drive up in my 1986 M998 HMMWV, equipped
with an operation AN/VRC-47 radio set. For more details about the
meet:

    http://members.xoom.com/Milradio

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/