RE: [MV] DRMO Sales?

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 14:33:42 PDT

Lee,

I don't have all the answers, but I'll give it a shot. If you look at the
column headed "RSC" you'll see that all of the vehicles are in code "A". The
Record Status Code list, available on the DRMO website, explains that these
vehicles are "in merchandising cycle, not referred for sale". This may mean
that these items are being held while other agencies (Police, Civil Defense,
local municipalities, etc.) are being notified that this equipment is
available. The law says that they get first pick of surplus goods, after
Federal agencies have had a chance to look them over.

You will also note that the columns for "Catalog Number" and "Item Number"
are blank. This means that the items have not yet been selected for sale to
the general public. Why does the search engine bring them up, if they aren't
available for sale? I don't know.

For what it's worth, note that the "Condition Code" is HX. This generally is
used to indicate items that are one level above "scrap". Of course, you
can't always put a lot of faith in the code.

You might also note that your use of the FSC 2320 caused the search engine
to come up with two kinds of cargo trucks, a van, and a couple of wreckers.
That's fine, but it does illustrate that the search engine will give you a
pretty wide sampling of items if you don't have more detailed information
for it to use when it does its search.

Hope this helps.

Comments anyone?

John