Re: [MV] Resolution M-37 battery ?

From: Sparky (cparkinson@wwdc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 19:27:36 PDT

Eva Lehman wrote:

> List,
>
> It's ALIVE!
> The BEAST lives.
>
> Thank you for the sanity check on my problem. Clean terminal and anti
> corrosion stuff work. 20Sec of cranking fired right up.
>
> Now after driving around for a bit the oil pressure gauge reads 0. Got
> plenty of oil,no critters have been chewing on the wiring. All
> connections seem OK.

Yes.

  1. Take off the oil sending unit. Attach it to a pipe coupler of appropriate
     thread.
  2. Attach a air nipple to the other end.
  3. Attach your air hose ( assuming you have an air supply
  4. SLOWLY increase your air pressure so you have no more than lest say 1/2 the
     rated pressure for the gauge.
  5. Ground out your oil sending unit.
  6. Attach your electric cable to the oil pressure sending unit and turn on your
     ignition.
  7. Do not start the engine.
  8. You should have needle deflection if the sending unit is ok. Since you know
     you have pressure from your air supply and know what it should be.. it is
     also a quasi way to "calibrate" your oil pressure gauge.

Hope this helps.

Craig Parkinson

Sept. 19 1952

M38CDN