Re: [MV] Saracen paint colors?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 00:38:55 PDT

From: "Jim/Julia" <w7ls@blarg.net>
To: "Military Vehicles List" <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 6:30 AM
Subject: [MV] Saracen paint colors?

> Hi. Does anyone have definitive knowledge of the proper colors for the
> Saracen APC? I suspect that there is camo od/black and pure black.
> Anyone know for sure

Originally gloss dark bronze green, very common here and known simply as
DBG. Later the UK mil would have simply flashed it over (again and again
and again) in NATO O/D and matt (flat) black with the black being used to
break up the corner outlines, there is a general guide for doing this
somewhere. Occasionally some individual vehicles might have got desert sand
colour or some locally invented camo scheme.

Be aware the British mil often painted with a technique little removed from
the bucket and yard broom method, heave the paint at the vehicle and move it
around with the broom before any hits the floor.

You'll find Mike <tankcity@globalnet.co.uk> somewhere on this list and I
have no doubt he can supply DBG in however many gallons you want.

Richard
Southampton - England