Admin: Amorous mail and another update

From: Mil-Veh List Admin (postmaster@uller.skylee.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 01:18:01 PDT

I am thankful that so far we appear to have missed the virus
du jour, and this particular one is very, very destructive.
One member was struck but I long ago configured the list to
automatically reject any message containing an attachment. I
am looking into adding a virus checker, but unless its
heuristics are top-knotch, a checker doesn't stop new
viruses that strikes with such suddenness.

On a more cheerful note, I have registered my two
nameservers with the Internic and they are now propagating
to a nameserver near you. Likewise, I have updated
mil-veh.org to reference them, and that change is also
propagating. You should be able to hit www.mil-veh.org
shortly, perhaps even now. There's nothing much there at the
moment, but once I move the list and archive over, I'll be
activating e-mail addresses and web space for contributors.
I'll be in touch, probably over the weekend. I will try to
make the move to mil-veh.org as painless as possible--for
example, I need to set up forwarding so that mail to
uller.skylee.com is redirected to and processed seamlessly
by mil-veh.org.

A couple of other things: first, please do not post
copyrighted material to the list unless you own it (i.e.
wire reports, extensive quotes from web sites, and so
forth). If something is relevant to the list, certainly let
people know about it, but do so by writing a brief summary
and by including a URL to the source. Second, please trim
your followups. I've mentioned this before, but a reminder
is in order. Delete practically everything from posts to
which you reply, other than a line or two, just enough to
remind people of what you are discussing. Don't append the
complete message you are replying to. Don't leave old
trailers (the unsub instructions) in your posting. Thanks
very much for your consideration.

I haven't posted the list etiquette information for a while,
but will do so when I move the list over to mil-veh.org. In
the meantime, you can see them here:
http://www.skylee.com/archives/mil-veh/99-09/0003.html.

Thanks again.

--Arthur