Re: [MV] vacuum wiper followup

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 21:10:40 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Sloan <msloan@idirect.com>
To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
Date: Sunday, May 07, 2000 5:28 PM
Subject: [MV] vacuum wiper followup

>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>My thanks to all those who took the time to offer advise on my vacuum wiper
>problems. Here is how it turned out:
>
>1) I went out and bought a vacuum/pressure gauge
>2) Put the gauge on at the wiper end. Gauge was madly fluctuating at 0
>plus or minus 5 lbs..
>3) Tried it at the manifold. It read a steady 17 lbs..
>4) Took the vacuum pump out of the circuit and voila - wipers were working
>wonderfully.
>
>Obviously the fuel/vacuum pump was the culprit.

Correct!! Now all you need to do is find a new diaphram replacement kit for
the vacuum side of the fuel pump and hook it back in siries with the vascuum
line and (should be) Voila!! Correct operation of wipers with the throttle
closed or open.

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM