Korean War 50th Commemoration

From: The Jeep Dogs (jeepdogs@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 14:58:56 PDT

While reading soldier magazine today, I ran across the US Army site
for the 50th Anniversary commemoration of the Korean War.
http://korea50.army.mil

The site lists different activities planned for the three year
commemorative period. Still more events will be added as they are
planned and announced.

>From a military vehicle standpoint, parades and displays are open to two
groups. Since so many WWII vehicles were still in use during Korea they are
appropriate as are all the early fifties designs such as the M211 and M135.
For jeeps M38s are okay and I've seen a very few pictures of M38A1s in the
very late stages of the war.

For those of you (such as myself) that are into living history with your
vehicle, uniforms (HBTs) are about the same too and the M1951 wools are
cheap and plentiful too.

Jim Rice