Antennae Heads Up

From: Robin Craig (therobincraig@home.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 21:09:57 PDT

Just a small thing here, as we enter another season of MV fun. Two sources
today had me reminded of safety issues concerning running with antennae's in
the up position. Just thought I would pass my 2 cents worth incase others
had not thought about it.

I was reading a newly published book on the Canadian Forces AFV's in
Bosnia, there were a couple of pictures with the Bison and AVGP's with their
antennae's up and the comment ,that they were stopped and you could tell
this because to run with them down is normal practice to avoid
electrocution hazard with low HT wires. Nice book, good info, a great model
makers reference. ( if you want more info on it contact me off line).

The other reminder was we were out running my Ferret today and in town went
under a concrete bridge, which is ample sized for the machine, but as we
blasted thru I could here the sound of something scrapping, instantly, over
the intercom, my "commander" informed me what was making the noise. Oops.

Oh well, lesson learned there.

that's all for the minute, from "wet in a Ferret, again!" Robin