Re: [MV] Antennae Heads Up

From: Tom Norris (badger@telalink.net)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 05:34:45 PDT

At 10:04 AM 05/14/2000 +0200, Adreas wrote:

>In every German MV with radio equipment you find a red sticker telling you:
>"Driving only with antennas strapped down!". On the sticker is also a big
>red electric lightning.

Yep! One right here on my 1962 ex Bw unimog radio truck. Also a warning
about making sure the ground is disconnected before driving off... The Mog
would be a good bridge scraper with the antennas up -- the antennas are
mounted on the top of the box, rather than on the side as in a US MV.
Which would make my 16 foot HF antenna pretttttttty tall when driving
around town, no doubt hitting every HT wire and bridge I went under. :-)

Tom in Manchester TN USA