Thanks to all for the XM220 info, bought the truck!

From: Bryan Rupp (ruppster@alaskalife.net)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 12:26:27 PDT

I hope this one finally gets through. This is my fifth attempt. My internet provider made some
changes to the outgoing mail server Friday evening and didn't the support people what was done.
Anyhow, here goes.

I would like to thank all of those that emailed me directly with info on the GMC XM220 I asked
about. I thought I transferred all of the messages over to another folder so I could reply directly
back to those that emailed me but when I went to type up the replies I couldn't find their messages.
The last couple of days have been rather hectic as I got laid off Thursday morning and had to spend
my time job hunting. Needless to say I must have deleted the messages instead of saving them. The
good news is I had an interview Friday that looks very promising. Anyhow, for those that didn't
catch my first message the truck in question is a GMC XM220 Shop Van, serial number 020, with a
delivery date of 1-53. The truck has very little rust with almost all of the damage being in the van
body itself. It has an arctic hardtop, engine heater, and both personnel heaters. Whether they work
or not is a different question. ;-) It has been sitting for at least a year and has the dust
build-up in the cab to prove it. Fortunately Alaska has a very dry climate and I hope the engine
will start with very little work. The only known mechanical problem at this point is that the auto
tranny wants to stay in low range and won't return to high range unless you tap the side of the
transmission. Later this weekend I will be sending another message to the list with more questions
that I hope you M135/M211 experts will be able to help me with. In the meantime if I could ask those
that responded to my first emails about this truck to please resend their messages to me so I can
know who you are and be able to talk to you directly.

Thanks again,
Bryan R.
'53 GMC M220 2.5 Ton Shop Van
'63 M43 Ambulance