[MV] Cushman 3 wheeled pictures

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 02:10:11 PDT

At 19.39 11/05/00 -0500, MIKE wrote:
>Was out driving around today saw a 3 wheeled cushman scooter
>with box in front. Had bug eyed lights above box. I didn't get close
>because owner was not home. The rig was yellow and had USN
>painted on the side.
If I get back there, I'll take a few pictures and post them, but that will
be a while.
>Thanks again,
>Mike in Iowa
>mleaton@netins.net
>Iowa MVPA Website: http://netins.net/showcase/iamvpa/

May 15 2000

Mike,
I am interested in pictures of the 3-wheeled scooter! When you will do
them, please, keep us informed. Thank you!
Perhaps, you will be interested in knowing that after WWII, in the 40's
early 50's, an Italian scooter manufacturer, the Innocenti, made a lot of
3-wheeled scooters with small two-stroke engines. They were used for
transport of all type of merchandise, as you can imagine the postwar years
had a terrible need of transportation...
The Innocenti is famous for the manufacture of the Lambretta scooter with
various two-stroke engines. I did have one when I was a teen-ager!
Last year at a Old Car show, here in Naples, I saw one of them (the
3-wheeled one!) very well restored: as far as I know this is the only
example in the area!

Regards and thank you again for the pictures!
Get Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A. 15878

(Need for presents or collection decorative ceramics? For the best,
handmade, original Italian Ceramics of Capodimonte, please check here:
http://www.ceramicofnaples.it).