M715 Faulty Fuel Guage Reading

From: ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 17:29:05 PDT

My M715 recently has begun to give me a problem with a faulty fuel guage reading. I found this out the hard way by running out of gas with
the guage on the dash reading just under 1/4 tank. This is the first time that it has done this.

I did empty the tank yesterday and the guage on the dash still reads barely above E. My question is how I can tell if it is the dash guage
or the fuel tank sending unit, or even possibly a bad connection on the tank? I will pull the gas tank if I have to, but if it is not
necessary, I want to avoid the inconvenience. I have already had the gas tank out 2X, so I don't need the practice.

Any advice on how I can determine if it is the guage or the sending unit, is appreciated.
TED